Queenin' in our Katwe's

Hi Beautiful People!

Can I be honest for a little bit then get back to my main blog post? For the past nine months, I have mentally been drained of new ideas because of circumstance- to put it plainly, I have had a two very important people in my life that have been conquering cancer... You know when people on like Catfish joke about having cancer to make the person that they are Catfishing more attached to them, well that is what you hope the situation is when you first hear the words- that it is a joke or a mistake- basically anything that does not make it real.

I am not writing it to get people to feel sympathy for me but for one to understand my absence, I first found out about it in December 2015, I initially put the news in the deepest darkest corner of my brain because to me it was not true BUT then the surgery to remove the lump happened and I could no longer have my head in the sand. I remember worrying so much about the person I had to look after rather than looking after myself- I ate like once a day, if the person wasn't struck by so much pain then twice a day. Rest was needed by a wave of visitors came through and waking them up felt almost like a punishment for them. You then get sent back to university which is 1200 kilometers away and pray almost every second that you will see them when you return from university for the next major holiday. This person is my mother. Now in my head, I have probably written this a billion times and soon you will see how it relates to my actual blog post...

I am sure that you have heard of the new Disney movie called, "Queen of Katwe" ( well I hope you have). To put it plainly, it is a story of girl who became an International Chess champion despite being poverty stricken in Uganda. So lead actress, Lupita Nyong'o took Vogue to her family tribe for the October issue. Here are the photographs:


That is a truly African landscape

I like the slightly Mexican feel.

Lupita and her paternal grandmother.








Photographed by :

All photographs from: Vogue.com
My question becomes how many of us are living like 'Queens/Kings of ...'? How many of us are looking at life/our circumstances and thinking of ways to continue to live our dreams despite every little thing that tells us not to live our dreams? My mother is a Queen of her world right now ( she may not think or see but I do) because although she is had weekly chemotherapy sessions- she made time for her dream- she sews every chance she gets and will even ignore the world as long as she gets a couple of items are done by the end of the week. I cannot say the same right now but I am still figuring it out- I am allowed time to refocus, right? After all, this is what my blog is about - seizing the day thus your world! All I know is that in a couple of months, I will be done with my first qualification and I will be excited to start my second one very soon.


 "The size of your dream must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them."- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.

Love and True Happiness.
Zee

Comments

  1. Your story.
    Deep yet insightful.
    🤗
    Remembering that even through hardship conquering the world is still possible. Shed a tear if you have to. The world will not stop.
    It will be there when you need it. Keep up the good work.
    I love this piece.🗣🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts