Experiences : June Wedding 2016

Hey Beautiful People!

I went to this beautiful wedding in the June Holiday. I wanted to write my experience at the wedding, I just could not due to the Wi-Fi Issues at home, then a stream of "do this now!" came when I came back to university. 

I have not been to many weddings but I would like to say that I really enjoyed myself at this one.  I believe that this wedding had levels and I will show you why. Here are the moments I captured :

Level 1|| Meet and Greet:



After walking from the parking lot, you walk up a flight of stairs to find guests gathered around small bar tables being offered  small appetisers and a glass ( or glasses, depending on if you want to walk or stumble home) of champagne with little pomegranate pieces  placed beautifully at the bottom of the glass OR Juice as a sober option.

Level 2|| Chapel & Vows: 
A ship-like looking glass ceiling. I could not stop looking UP. I was memorized. 

Seated next to my Aunt, Daphne Kasambala from Sapelle.com. Check out the website.

Due to how little I go to weddings, I never saw the significance of these except beautify.
 Luckily, I was not to shy to actually ask.


I love this picture because of the woman with tattoo makes it more visually appealing.

Listening to the Harp, what an experience really.


Bride & Father.
Enough said.
After a good time being outside, we walked into a quaint  chapel with stained windows - not a typical chapel due to the fact that it felt like a ship in some ways. The only things that made it feel typical were the exposed brick (more like stones) and the windows I spoke of earlier. 

The couple were so sweet - there were a few mistakes made here and there but were able to find the humour in all of it. 

Level 3|| Food, Dance, Cake & More Food:
Leaving the Chapel . Waiting for the newly weds to walk through so I could ululate.

That STRUCTURE though. I had taken better pictures of it BUT My phone had to BREAK :(
The harpist turned on her electric harp :))) 

The frames have a purpose. There was a Polaroid camera and these frames were for that!
Once you have taken the Polaroid photograph the you stick it in a blank thick book then write a message for the couple.
How sweet?

Well, What a beautiful Swing!

We spent the evening in this building just eating & dancing.
If you look to the top left corner of this photograph, you will see another space where the couple took their personal pictures.
Every Course had an alternative. 


Starter: I wish I could tell you what was in it.
I think I can only remember what it tasted like. Chicken in creamy sauce, with a tang from the lemon
& the crisp taste from the pastry.




Steak wrapped in pastry with a delicious smear of pumpkin on the side.

It was a trio cheesecake- I did not eat mine. I am not a fan of  cheesecake- I almost has this!

A very unclear image but I wanted to display a different view

I do not know the colour scheme of this wedding- I will assume it is what is displayed on the cake
BUT isn't elegance a theme too? 

I cannot remember any flavours but Red Velvet. I am so glad that most couples have steered away from making like 2/3 tiers
of the same EXACT flavour being FRUIT CAKE. I despise that flavour personally.
It was lovely to meet this couple and to be there on their most special day. They have changed my views on weddings as a whole - reminding me that its about sharing your happiness with those that love you. Sometimes, as Africans we forget that. We invite people as an obligation to our culture and parents. I wish the couple happiness & love for many years to come.

Zee.
xxx

Comments

Popular Posts